Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Andy Warhol

An Artist that I have always looked up too and admired is the artist Andy Warhol. I love his use of color and the way he takes a normal object and turns it into an interesting piece of art. For instance the now famous Campbells Tomato Soup can painting...
Another reason why I like him is because he did some portraits of Marilyn Monroe that really opened my eyes to a new way to attack and use colors that give depth to the portraits. His paintings are fun and his use of flat colors is great.
andy warhol
Something that I like to do since I am an artist and a Art major here at SOU is catching people off guard with some of my paintings using color and line. I think this is a good reason as to why I like his art so much and why I look up to him as an artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment